Case No. CI 17-6252 Complaint (Jane Doe 1)
Case No. CI 17-6250 Complaint (Jane Doe 2)
NEWS CONFERENCE TODAY (TUESDAY)
Two Lawsuits Filed Against La Petite Academy
For Child Sexual Abuse
- La Petite Academy daycare hired Mark Mays without doing a proper investigation of his prior employment.
- Mays was fired from two previous daycares for repeatedly crossing boundaries with children; and
- Mays sexually abused the two infant girls while changing their diapers.
WHAT: Jeff Herman, a nationally recognized attorney for victims of sexual abuse, announces the filing of two lawsuits against LA PETITE ACADEMY for child sexual abuse by MARK MAYS, a teacher at the daycare. MAYS confessed to sexually abusing several children and was recently convicted.
According to the attached Complaints:
- In 2011, Mays was fired from the Saint Andrews Children’s Enrichment Center for repeatedly crossing boundaries with children by putting kids on his lap.
- In 2014, Mays was fired from Millard Public Schools childcare program Kids Network for repeatedly crossing boundaries with kids by putting kids on his lap, holding kids and inviting a young girl to his home.
- In 2015, La Petite Academy daycare hired Mark Mays without doing a proper investigation of his prior employment
- Mays was caught holding and kissing a little girl shortly after being hired by La Petite Academy but was not terminated at that time.
- After Mays was caught sexually abusing a little girl at another school, Little Hands, Mays confessed to abusing several children including Jane Doe No. 1 and Jane Doe No. 2.
- Police discovered photographs of little girls’ vaginas being penetrated both digitally and partially by a penis on May’s computer.
JANE DOE NO. 1 and NO. 2 v. La Petite Academy were filed in Douglass County.
“This is every parent’s worst nightmare,” said Jeff Herman, the attorney for the victims in this case. “Daycare is supposed to be a place where parents can trust that their children will be safe.”
WHEN/WHERE: TODAY (TUESDAY), July 25th, 2015 at 11am in front of
La Petite Academy
10707 Birch St.
Omaha, NE 68134
CONTACT: Jeff Herman; firstname.lastname@example.org; 305-931-2200