Two Additional Lawsuits (Now Four Total) Filed Against La Petite Academy
Based On Child Sexual Abuse
- La Petite Academy daycare hired Mark Mays without doing a proper investigation of his prior employment.
- Mays was fired from two previous daycares for repeatedly crossing boundaries with children; and
- Mays sexually abused the two infant girls while changing their diapers.
WHAT: Jeff Herman, a nationally recognized attorney for victims of sexual abuse, announces the filing of two additional lawsuits against LA PETITE ACADEMY for child sexual abuse by MARK MAYS, a teacher at the daycare. MAYS confessed to sexually abusing several children and was recently convicted. Last week, Herman filed two other lawsuits against La Petite Academy on behalf of two other little girls sexually abused by MAYS.
According to the attached Complaints:
- In 2011, Mays was fired from the Saint Andrews Children’s Enrichment Center for repeatedly crossing boundaries with children by putting kids on his lap.
- In 2014, Mays was fired from Millard Public Schools childcare program Kids Network for repeatedly crossing boundaries with kids by putting kids on his lap, holding kids and inviting a young girl to his home.
- In 2015, La Petite Academy daycare hired Mark Mays without doing a proper investigation of his prior employment
- Mays was caught holding and kissing a little girl shortly after being hired by La Petite Academy but was not terminated at that time.
- After Mays was caught sexually abusing a little girl at another school, Little Hands, Mays confessed to abusing several children including Jane Doe No. 3 and Jane Doe No. 4.
- Police discovered photographs of little girls’ vaginas being penetrated both digitally and partially by a penis on May’s computer.
JANE DOE NO. 3 and NO. 4 v. La Petite Academy were filed in Douglas County.
“The allegation of having a man at a day care without doing a proper employment background check is dangerous,” said Jeff Herman, the attorney for the victims in this case. “Children must be protected.”
CONTACT: Dan Ellis; firstname.lastname@example.org; 305-931-2200