NEWS CONFERENCE TODAY
Sixth Sexual Assault Lawsuit Filed Against Doral Golf Resort & Spa
Lawsuit alleges massage therapist sexually assaulted a woman during a spa treatment, and despite her accusation, the luxury spa continued to employ the masseuse
WHAT: Jeff Herman (www.hermanlaw.com), a nationally recognized attorney for victims of sexual abuse, announces the filing of a lawsuit against DORAL GOLF RESORT & SPA for the sexual assault of a female client by JOHN J. PACHECO, a massage therapist accused of sexually assaulting at least two other female clients. Pacheco permanently surrendered his massage therapy license after the Florida Department of Health charged him with misconduct.
According to the Complaint:
- On May 26, 2010, JANE DOE went to DORAL GOLF RESORT AND SPA for a massage and other spa treatments. Jane requested to be serviced by a female, but upon her arrival, she was assigned to a male employee named John J. Pacheco.
- During the course of the treatment, PACHECO purposely touched JANE’s breasts and genitals in a sexual manner.
- Following her assault, JANE DOE promptly reported the incident to management at DORAL GOLF RESORT & SPA who in turn issued her a credit for cost of her massage.
- Remarkably, DORAL GOLF RESORT & SPA continued to employ JOHN PACHECO after the assault was reported by JANE DOE. Additionally, DORAL GOLF RESORT & SPA never disclosed the incident to the Florida Department of Health.
- Following JANE DOE’s report of her assault, at least two other female clients were sexually assaulted by JOHN PACHECO.
JANE DOE NO. 26 v. MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, INC. d/b/a DORAL GOLF RESORT & SPA, and JOHN J. PACHECOwas filed in Miami-Dade County Court Tuesday morning.