***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***
Sexual Assault Lawsuit Filed Against Norwich University
WHAT: JEFF HERMAN (www.hermanlaw.com), a nationally-recognized attorney for victims of sexual abuse, announces the filing of a lawsuit against NORWICH UNIVERSITY for negligence leading to the sexual assault of a student by fellow student, Alexander Alvarez.
According to the Complaint:
- LAUREN MORRISSEY and Alexander Alvarez were adult resident students at NORWICH UNIVERSITY in 2016.
- LAUREN MORRISSEY was sexually assaulted in her dormitory room on November 17, 2016 by Alexander Alvarez.
- NORWICH UNIVERSITY’s Title IX Office received three complaints of sexual harassment, sexual abuse and/or sexual assault by Alexander Alvarez from three different female resident students prior to Alexander Alvarez sexually assaulting LAUREN MORRISSEY.
- NORWICH UNIVERSITY chose not to provide safety measures for the women who Alexander Alvarez assaulted, chose not to discipline Alexander Alvarez and chose not to supervise him to prevent future sexual misconduct and to protect other resident students.
- Due to the negligence of NORWICH UNIVERSITY, Alexander Alvarez sexually assaulted LAUREN MORRISSEY.
- NORWICH UNIVERSITY dismissed Alexander Alvarez from NORWICH UNIVERSITY.
LAUREN MORRISSEY v. NORWICH UNIVERSITY was filed September 18, 2017 in the United States District Court, District of Vermont. The complaint is available for Download at www.HermanLaw.com)
Jeff Herman, the attorney for the victim in this case, stated: “The Complaint sets out facts that are very disturbing. It shows a complete disregard for the safety of students.”
For the filed Complaint: