***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***
The Weinstein Company Sued for Enabling Harvey Weinstein’s Sexual Misconduct
NEWS CONFERENCE WEDNESDAY (OCTOBER 25) IN LOS ANGELES at 11:00AM PST
WHAT: JEFF HERMAN (www.hermanlaw.com), a nationally-recognized attorney for victims of sexual abuse, announces the filing of a lawsuit against THE WEINSTEIN COMPANY for enabling the sexual misconduct against a young aspiring actress, DOMINIQUE HUETT.
According to the Complaint:
- In or about November 2010, aspiring actress, DOMINIQUE HUETT, and HARVEY WEINSTEIN, a board member of THE WEINSTEIN COMPANY LLC (“TWC”), arranged to meet at The Peninsula Hotel in Beverley Hills, CA for the purpose discussing WEINSTEIN’s offer to assist Ms. Huett in procuring future television or film roles.
- During their meeting, WEINSTEIN, who was at the time living at the hotel, invited Ms. Huett to his room under the guise of continuing their business meeting.
- At one point during the meeting, WEINSTEIN excused himself to use the restroom and returned wearing only a bathrobe.
- WEINSTEIN then demanded that Ms. Huett perform a massage on him, and subsequently requested to perform oral sex on Ms. Huett. Ms. Huett repeatedly said “no” to WEINSTEIN’s requests, but WEINSTEIN persisted.
- WEINSTEIN engaged in sexual misconduct with Ms. Huett by, among other things, performing oral sex on Ms. Huett and masturbating in front of her.
- Prior to the incident involving Ms. Huett, TWC had actual knowledge of WEINSTEIN’s repeated acts of sexual misconduct with women and his pattern of using his power to coerce young actresses to engage in sexual acts with him.
- For years TWC condoned and enabled WEINSTEIN’s sexual misconduct with young women. TWC was aware of nondisclosure agreements and confidential settlements intending to conceal WEINSTEIN’s sexual misconduct, while knowing that the sexual misconduct was continuing and targeting unsuspecting young women.
DOMINIQUE HUETT v. THE WEINSTEIN COMPANY LLC was filed on October 24, 2017 in the SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, FOR THE COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES – CASE NO: BC680869. The complaint is available for download at www.HermanLaw.com.
WHO: Dominique Huett and Jeff Herman, Attorney
WHEN: TOMORROW, Wednesday, October 25, 2017, at 11:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time
10740 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Outfest Film Festival Room
CONTACT: David Martin; email@example.com; 917-923-6686