***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***
ALERT: Lawsuit Alleges Five Year-Old Boy Was Sexually Assaulted by Wal-Mart Employee
WHAT: JEFF HERMAN (www.hermanlaw.com), a nationally-recognized attorney for victims of sexual abuse, announces the filing of a lawsuit against WAL-MART for the sexual assault and battery of a five year-old boy, S.S., by employee MATTHEW BULMER.
According to the Complaint:
- On or about October 19, 2013, G.S., mother of S.S., took S.S. and her twelve year-old child to WAL-MART.
- While G.S. was in the customer service line, S.S. informed her that he had to use the bathroom. Relying on her observation of a security guard at the bathroom entrance, the surveillance cameras in the store, the assurances of safety by WAL-MART, and the fact that she was near the bathroom, she allowed S.S. to go to the bathroom while she and her other son stayed in line.
- As S.S. left his mother’s side, BULMER followed him into and then out of the bathroom. Once outside the entrance to the bathroom, BULMER persuaded S.S. to come back into the bathroom with a $20 bill.
- Once back inside the bathroom, BULMER took S.S. into a stall, pulled his pants and underwear down, and fondled his testicles and penis.
- BULMER then attempted to take a picture of S.S.’s penis with his phone, but S.S. attempted to pull away from him.
- BULMER held S.S’s hand so he could not leave the bathroom; eventually, S.S. was able to pull away
- Authorities were notified and BULMER admitted to luring S.S. into the bathroom, touching his genitals, and attempting to take a picture of his genitals. BULMER pleaded guilty to sexual battery of S.S.
S.S v. WAL-MART STORES, INC. was filed yesterday in The Supreme Court of the State of New York.
CASE NO.: 609465/2016
Jeff Herman, the victim’s attorney, said: “Wal-Mart undertook to provide security for its public bathrooms given the known dangers of assaults but failed to do so, which led to my client being sexually assaulted.”