CONTACT: Thao Le
NEWS CONFERENCE TODAY at 1PM
Female Student Orally Raped at St. Gregory the Great School by Male Student
WHAT: JEFF HERMAN, a nationally recognized attorney for victims of sexual abuse, announces the filing of a lawsuit against the ROMAN CATHOLIC ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK for sexual harassment, sexual assault and physical battery of a female student by older male students of ST. GREGORY THE GREAT SCHOOL.
According to the Complaint:
- Three boys bullied, assaulted and harassed C.L.
- This assault was reported to Principal Donna Gabella at ST. GREGORY.
- The boys continued to bully and sexually harass C.L. calling her “c*cks*cker” and stating “this is not over” and “you will be sorry”.
- C.L. went to Principal Gabella’s office to report the threats. After waiting for a brief period, Principal Gabella walked out of her office. Upon seeing C.L. waiting to speak to her, however, Principal Gabella immediately turned around, promptly walked back inside her office, and shut the door behind her.
- Subsequent to Principal Gabella refusing to speak to C.L., one boy held her down while another one orally rapes her on the playground.
- Upon information and belief, Defendant has acted with reckless disregard for the safety of C.L. because Principal Gabella and Defendant failed to respond to actual notice of bullying, assault, sexual harassment, physical battery and threats which in turned escalated to C.L. being sexually assaulted and physically battered.
C.L. by and through her mother, T.S, as parent and natural guardian v. THE ROMAN CATHOLIC ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK was filed today in the Supreme Court of the State of New York.
Jeff Herman, the attorney for the victim in this case, stated: “A school must never needlessly endanger children. When it comes to protecting kids, schools should always make the safest choice.”
WHO: The mother of C.L. and her attorney Jeff Herman
WHEN: TODAY, March 12, 2015, at 1 pm
WHERE: On the public sidewalk outside of ST. GREGORY THE GREAT SCHOOL
138 West 90th Street
New York, NY 10024