CONTACT: Thao Le email@example.com
305.931.2200 (o) ***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*** ALERT: Bright Horizons Deerfield Preschool in Alpharetta, GA Sued for the Sexual Abuse of a Four-Year-Old Boy by Teacher, Bernard Benta.
WHAT: JEFF HERMAN (www.hermanlaw.com), a nationally-recognized attorney for victims of sexual abuse, announces the filing of a lawsuit against BRIGHT HORIZONS CHILDREN’S CENTERS and BERNARD BENTA for the sexual abuse of a four-year-old boy by day care worker BERNARD BENTA.
According to the Complaint:
- In 2015, a parent reported to the school that her child’s instructor, Mr. Benta, made sexually inappropriate comments to her daughter to the Director at Bright Horizons in Deerfield, Lequome Nwangwu.
- Other parents reported that Mr. Benta was “creepy” and made them uncomfortable by the way he stared at the children.
- Bright Horizons allowed Mr. Benta to touch the children in any way outside of sexual abuse or violence and in fact, Benta put students on his lap.
- In the 2015-2016 school year, Benta sexually molested John Doe during nap time and in the bathroom.
- The sexual abuse only stopped after John Doe’s mom arrived at the school early and found her son separated from the class with Mr. Benta and his pants and underwear pulled down to his ankles under his blanket during nap time.
JOHN DOE v. BRIGHT HORIZONS CHILDREN’S CENTERS was filed today in The Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia. Jeff Herman, the victim’s attorney, said: “Child care facilities, like preschools and daycares, need to be places where parent can trust that their children are safe. We must hold institutions that do not protect children accountable.” WHO: Jeff Herman, the attorney for the victim in this case, along with the victim’s parents. WHEN: TODAY, October 26, 2016, at 1pm WHERE: In front of Bright Horizons at Deerfield 3105 Webb Rd Alpharetta, GA 30004