***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***
ALERT: 15-Year-Old Student Sexually Abused by Teacher at G-Star School of the Arts
WHAT: JEFF HERMAN (www.hermanlaw.com), a nationally-recognized attorney for victims of sexual abuse, announces the filing of a lawsuit against G-STAR SCHOOL OF THE ARTS for the sexual abuse and harassment of a female student by teacher ISMAIL MARTINEZ.
According to the Complaint:
- MARTINEZ was JANE’s history teacher in 10th grade at the School. At that time, JANE was 15 years old.
- MARTINEZ groomed JANE to gain her trust and develop an inappropriate relationship with her, giving her special treatment and attention.
- During a private tutoring session between MARTINEZ and JANE, MARTINEZ touched JANE’s thigh and buttocks, and kissed her neck. They french kissed and Martinez pulled down JANE’s shirt and bra. He kissed her all over, including her nipples.
- To keep JANE silent, Martinez told her to wait for him, and they could be together as a couple once she turned 18 years old.
- G-STAR responded to notice of the inappropriate relationship by calling JANE into the School’s administrative office for a meeting, where they asked JANE to sign a document stating that she did not have an inappropriate relationship with a teacher. G-STAR never notified JANE’s parents of the allegations.
JANE DOE 60 v. G-STAR SCHOOL OF THE ARTS was filed yesterday in The United States District Court Southern District of Florida.
Jeff Herman, the victim’s attorney, said: “The school breached its duties by failing to protect my client from being sexually assaulted. She is a brave victim for coming forward and seeking justice.”